I LOVE ALDI! I have been a loyal customer ever since I discovered their "fabulousness" more than four years ago. Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to perform this review when it was offered. The day I shopped for this assignment, I also did my regular grocery run. Check out the photos! If you don't have an ALDI in your area, I hope they build one near you soon!
Purchased for this review!
Shopping at ALDI is something everyone should have the opportunity to experience. First of all, when you drive onto their property, you will actually have a place to park your car! That's right, you won't be competing with a ton of shopping carts people left behind after using them. Second, the prices are great! In exchange for doing a few things yourself, the folks at ALDI can help customers save a bunch of money! Third, you bag your own groceries. I really appreciate this option because I know when I get home I won't find the bananas on top of the loaf of bread or a dozen cracked eggs in their carton.
With the holiday season and entertaining in full gear, ALDI is the place to stock up on everything you need to feed everyone you know. They also have a list of award-winning wines on their shelves to serve your guests! If you're in need of great hostess gifts under $10, you'll find that at ALDI too! Be sure to take a look at the EASY recipe for Baked Brie at the bottom of this post. It serves 10 people!
- Landshut Riesling (Germany)
- Villa Malizia Pinot Grigio (Italy)
- Gonfalone Chicanti (Italy)
- Walker Napa Valley Red Wine (California)
From the list above, I purchased the Landshut Riesling. It's the gorgeous blue bottle in the photo. The wine is light and fruity and typically goes well with ham, lean shellfish or chicken dishes. This Riesling was a wonderful accompaniment to the spiral sliced ham I served for dinner that night!
Here are some more photos for you to drool over (I mean, use to plan your next ALDI purchase)!
- Spanish Stuffed Green Olives
- edenVale Jalapeno Havarti Cheese
- Savoritz Entertainment Crackers – Six Cracker Assortment
Everything in this photo cost LESS THAN $85.00!!!
- Three bottles of wine (the Chardonnay was for the Baked Brie recipe)
- Three desserts
- Three different "specialty" cheeses
- Package of dried craberries (for Baked Brie recipe)
- Entertainment crackers
- Shrimp ring with cocktail sauce
- Blackberry fruit spread (for Baked Brie recipe)
- Two packages of carrots
- Three-pack green peppers
- Three-pack paper towels
- Case of 24 bottled water
- 12 cups of yogurt (only 39 cents per cup!)
- Package of 12 string cheese
- Box of cereal
- Orange Juice
- Cooking Spray
- Ranch Dressing
- Package of three Romaine Lettuce
- Strawberry Fruit Bars
- The green bottle on the left is Sparkling Grape Juice for the kiddos to enjoy on New Year's Eve.
EASY Recipe for Baked Brie! (Serves 10)!!!
Ingredients: (Cost under $11.00)!!!
- 1 wheel edenVale Brie Cheese
- 1/2 cup Southern Grove Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Burlwood Cellars Chardonnay
- 1/2 cup Berryhill Blackberry Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place unwrapped brie on a foil-lined baking sheet. Heat in oven 12-15 minutes until brie is warmed through and soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile, bring dried cranberries and white wine to a boil in a small saucepan. Add fruit spread, reduce heat to medium high and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Sauce is ready when liquid has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- To serve, pour over warm brie. Can be eaten alone or spread on crackers.
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of ALDI and received a gift certificate to facilitate my review.