I jumped for joy the day I found out this class was being offered at the North Riverside Recreation Center!
- It was the last day of another class my kids were enrolled in and I wanted to find another one they would enjoy.
- It covers the age range my kids are in right now: 3-6 years old.
- The schedule worked well with other commitments we already have planned.
- The cost! At $18 per child for six classes (one hour each), that is only $3 per class per child!
- Last but not least, the topic is one that is very important to me and want to instill in my children as well.
Class Description: "Come join us for six classes of Ecological fun! We will be learning to love the Earth by engaging in activities about recycling, plants, animals and other topics."
Some people say "you get what you pay for". As far as I'm concerned, my kids and I got that and so much more! The value of the lessons alone made this class worth the money. However, the kids also made some really great crafts to help reinforce what they learned. Supplies were included in the cost!
These have pins on the back so the kids can wear them.
These are "Litter Bugs".
Reusable Totes the kids painted themselves.
Rain Sticks (description coming soon)
The Kids with Miss Kate, the Teacher!
The last day of class is this Friday, April 20th. I know there is at least one more craft project to add, which they made today. As soon as I have a photo of it, I will update the post.
Reader Poll: What are you and your family planning to do to celebrate Earth Day? I would love to hear some of your ideas!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post.